Ryan has dedicated his entire legal career to representing people injured by foodborne illness. His passion is holding food producers accountable when they poison their customers. His unending goal is to make the food we eat safer.
Ryan has a decade’s worth of experience in foodborne illness litigation. He has represented people in every major foodborne illness outbreak during that time.
Ryan gravitated to the science-driven foodborne illness practice in part because he comes from a medical family. His sister is a neonatologist at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital, his mother is a former nurse practitioner and his father is an infectious disease epidemiologist. He has been around foodborne illness outbreak investigations since before he could walk.
“You’ll get the experience you deserve. It is important to know the lawyer you hire to represent you in a foodborne illness case has done these cases before and knows what it takes to win. There isn’t a more experienced foodborne illness law firm in America than OFT. Experience counts, however, the most rewarding part of my job is connecting with my clients. When you hire OFT we will be working together to get the best possible outcome by any means necessary. Every case is personal to me. You are trusting me with your case, and I take that responsibility seriously. You will be able to contact me at all hours of the day via email, text, or phone with any questions or concerns you might have. We work for you, and will never forget that.”
Ryan has a sports-obsessed 6-year-old son named Ethan, a 1-year-old daughter named Greta, and a Great Dane named Pearl. He met his amazing wife Monica at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she was a soccer player for the Badgers.
When Ryan is not working, you can often find him in his pumpkin patch growing giant pumpkins. He recently grew a nearly 1,000 pound pumpkin. You can read more about his hobby here.
• Minnesota State and Federal Court
• University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2009
• University of Wisconsin, B.A., 2003
• Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
• American Association for Justice, Member
• SuperLawyers, Rising Star, 2013 - 2019
• Minnesota Lawyer Magazine, Up and Coming Attorney
• Featured in countless newspaper and TV interviews across America about foodborne illness, including Good Morning America, USA Today, The Atlantic, Des Moines Register and Star Tribune
• Adjunct professor at Mitchell-Hamline School of Law, Food Fight: The Art and Science of Foodborne Illness Litigation
• Several Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Presentations
• Attorney Osterholm has won millions for clients in nearly every major foodborne illness outbreak the last decade.
• He represented several hundreds of people in numerous multi-state Cyclospora outbreaks.
• He represented individuals in numerous restaurant outbreaks relating to Chipotle, Applebee’s, Red Lobster, McDonald’s, and Taco Bell.
• He represented numerous families of children sickened with E. coli O157.
• He represented numerous individuals in various multi-state Listeria outbreaks.
• He has litigated hundreds of Salmonella cases against restaurants, major grocery stores and numerous different food producers.